Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Muse


I have always been around color, playing with color, effected by color all of my life. I have been seriously studying color, well about, the last 10 + years, as well as studying the effects of color as a means of healing. But, for whatever reason, it seems when one is sick with whatever, color has been the last thing I go to. Until my cat, Fiona, became ill. She was my companion, friend, she was always there, nonjudgmental of me and was very special. She really took to the vibration of color healing. I have a small color wand that lights and she loved to have that rubbed on certain parts of her chest. By using the pressure points of acupuncture, I could get the right color to the right area, though as much as she liked it, she wouldn't sit still long enough.
Then I got out my colored filters and shinned light through them on to her, which she would lay in for about half and hour or so. I then taped them to the window so that when the sun shined in through them, her sun spots were now green. Funny, how when I should be putting Blue on an area, she didn't like it and would not stay for it. Turquoise was good, but Green, for her, was so much better. It is what SHE wanted. I even would put all the colored gels (17 total) out on the floor and let her walk on and around them until she found what she wanted, which, of course was always green. I remember reading somewhere and having people tell me that animals don't see colors, or see them the way we do. I don't know if I believe that now after working with Fiona, or maybe they just sense the vibration of the colors better than we do? I just know that she would seek color out. We had a routine, in the mornings after breakfast, she would run to the family room and get in the right spot as I taped the gels in the window. She would do her after eating bathing in the colored sunspot as well as play with her toys, nap and do that yoga positions that cats do with lots of stretching. Then in the afternoons, it was out on the porch to the area where she knew in a little while I would bring the gels out there and again, her sunspots would be colored. I would also solarized water and add that to her drinking water.

But, not knowing how sick she was and her chest was filling with fluid and nothing was working fast enough, the timing just wasn't right, she passed at such a young age.

Because of her and bringing color as a healing method back to the forefront, I just completed a Color Elite course and beginning another in a week. As color is Everywhere, in Everything, such as our food and clothing, interiors of our homes, etc. It only makes sense that I follow her suggestions and incorporate color back into what I do. I miss her terribly but know she is still around and guiding me through the colors...

No comments: